I'm a skinny girl, but not a healthy girl. My resting heart rate is in the 90s, I have borderline high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a kidney disease. This is my quest to get healthy, but I know I can't do it alone, so I am building a village of supporters through my blog.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Writer's Block

I'm feeling a bit of writer's block today. Typically by this point in the day, I've had at least one or two blog moments...those instants when I have some revelation that leads to my next day's blog. But so far, the well seems dry. It could be that I am simply too excited about the upcoming weekend to do a lot of introspection. Chuck flies back in tonight, Chelsey flies in tomorrow and Sunday we leave for our cruise. Or it may be that after a month of doing this I have nothing more to say...let's face it, we all know that's not true! I think perhaps the truth lies somewhere between distracted and content.

I've reached a point in my routine where it has become routine. I'm not uncomfortable in the free weight section anymore or stepping on the elliptical for the first time in years. I've struggled through many firsts this past month, and while I still expect that there will be more to come to inspire me, for today I am somewhat at a loss. My walks outside have been refreshing, I am comfortably sore from lifting yesterday, and am looking forward to my trip to the gym later today. I am excited for my vacation to begin. I expect to have many blog moments in the week ahead, but I'll settle today for feeling a little distracted and perhaps not as prolific, but serenely content.

No comments:

Post a Comment