I'm a skinny girl, but not a healthy girl. My resting heart rate is in the 90s, I have borderline high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a kidney disease. This is my quest to get healthy, but I know I can't do it alone, so I am building a village of supporters through my blog.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

To Vacation or Not to Vacation...

Tomorrow is the big day...we leave on our first cruise. It is the first real vacation I have had in several years. This past year was dedicated to delivering my daughter to school and recovering from surgery, and the previous year was Chuck's first year post retirement, so we stayed close to home and his new job. We've managed a few long weekends, but the last week that we had off just for the purpose of fun was well over two years ago. So this has been a long time coming.

The question is, "Do I get a vacation from everything?".  At a minimum, I know I need to keep my work-out routine somewhat on track. I've already experienced how hard it is to get back into the grind after only a few days off. But do I need to stick solidly to my monthly goals, or do I just need to fit in a few work-outs? Do I need to stay away from the french fries and Corn Dogs, or do I get to completely indulge in what ever floats my boat? Do I get  vacation from my health kick?

I'm not sure what the right answer should be, but I think I am just going to let my inner self lead the way. It seems to be doing a pretty good job lately at pointing me in the right direction. I don't foresee, I'll throw everything I've been working towards to the wind, but I also don't think I will hold myself to any hard and fast goals. So while I might not have all the answers yet, the one thing I do know is that I will be writing. I may not be posting if the internet capabilites preclude that, but I am sure I will be building a portfolio of thoughts. After all, this will be the first vacation I've taken since I started viewing the world  through a healthier lens. It is bound to make for a few blog moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment