I'm a skinny girl, but not a healthy girl. My resting heart rate is in the 90s, I have borderline high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a kidney disease. This is my quest to get healthy, but I know I can't do it alone, so I am building a village of supporters through my blog.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Apparently it is about the Panties....

So day four of my new life and I have encountered a problem of considerable concern. It seems in my first attempt at outfitting myself for a weeks worth of workouts, I overlooked a very important piece of the equation...the correct undergarments. Who knew undergarments could be so critical, but apparently it is is all about the right panties.

Day one, super cute boy shorts. Pure accident really, just grabbed the first pair out of the drawer and started my day. 1/2 a mile into my walk on the treadmill, I've already had to readjust five times, and spent the next forty minutes trying to undo the perpetual wedgy. I'm sure the person on the elliptical behind me was having quite the laugh.

Day Two, I at least took a gander at what I was picking and avoided any cute boy shorts. I chose instead a simple bikini pair. Where did I go wrong this time? I picked a pair that were slightly too big, so once again, they were continually changing spots on my body as I moved through my routine. I believe I had to readjust between each set of weights and each new weight machine, but at least this time there was no one directly behind me to giggle at my discomfort.

Day three, I think to myself, " I am going to be smart about it this time. Less is more." I choose a cotton thong. I at least know that my panties should be breathable in this situation even if I am somewhat challenged in the rest of my approach. I must admit, this was the lesser of the previous evils, the thong stayed in place throughout my walk, but I'll just say Ab work and thongs, not the best combination.

So today's big adventure was searching for the perfect work out panty. I googled Workout Underwear for Women. The very first link at the the top of the page was from Jockey. Great. I like Jockey underwear and they are available in a lot of places. I click on the link, and it opens to pictures of three men. Hmmm... Way to point me in the right direction google! So I continue scanning the rest of the page.  There are plenty of links to underwear retailers, but a few links down I finally hit gold.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty-and-style/best-underwear


An article which directly addressed my concerns. Clearly I'm not the only novice with this particular concern. Who knew, apparently it is all about the panties!

Today's accomplishments, purchased new underwear (success still to be determined), filled my fruit basket and got a massage. I think pampering yourself is an important part of wellness too, but thats a story for another day. ..

7 comments:

  1. I am enjoying keeping up with you, Angie! And I've experienced so many of these same issues. I'm coming to the same realizations as you are. Doesn't it suck that we can't just hire someone to work out for us? ;)

    My work out clothes strategy was slightly different this last time: once I'd been to Tuesday night Power Yoga four weeks in a row, then I could go shopping for new work out clothes. It worked and I happily created a habit and was going twice a week! Then the holidays and sinus infection and more holidays and cruise and back to work and now bronchitis.

    Next Tuesday will be my new start...four more weeks and then I can....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that...a reward for hard work!!!! 4 more weeks and I can....get another massage :) Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The underwear is critical. When attending parent meetings in preparation for the very rigorous Boy Scout trip to Philmont, NM, the leaders spend a lot of time on the clothes the boys needed. And they started with the underwear! Some sort of a nylon short with a liner, all to prevent chafing. Who knew!!!! And once you have that problem solved, buy a bunch of that kind.----OJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl- you got that right! i have a few pair of undies that i save only for my yoga shorts- they are breathable and stay in place. also you might try adidas - undies in the shorts already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great tips. Thanks so much Heidi and OJ.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angie- came across your Blog from Facebook; I gotta tell you that some funny stuff. How ironic the name of your blog because I am Fat but mostly healthy. ;-)

    Here are a few German words that might have come in handy:
    Good-n-tight - underware
    Holds-em-up - bra

    Keep em coming.

    -Gordo

    February 14, 2011

    ReplyDelete