I'm a skinny girl, but not a healthy girl. My resting heart rate is in the 90s, I have borderline high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a kidney disease. This is my quest to get healthy, but I know I can't do it alone, so I am building a village of supporters through my blog.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Gold Stars and Report Cards....

It's been awhile since I posted last, and I've started receiving some friendly notes from my village asking how things are going. Thank you to my friends and family for caring enough to keep motivating me! That is exactly the encouragement I was looking for when I began this. I knew the road would get tough at times and I would need silent support pushing me along the way, and you have never let me down.

This past month has been particularly full, and I find myself looking back to the first calm months of the year longingly. Simple days filled with an exciting new journey. Little did I know that my little quest would turn out to be the lifeline I needed to handle the challenges ahead, but I have always believed that God has a plan for the way ahead, and I think he opened a door that he knew would help me through the difficult days ahead.

In the past month, both of my children have returned home, and that is my silver lining. I know they are only perched for a short while, but I savor the time. It will be hectic and crazy days ahead, but filled with love, laughter and support while one waits for her loved one to return and the other steps forward in a new direction.

Needless to say, it has been a challenge to remain true to my efforts, but if I had to grade myself, I'd give myself a "B" for my work-out grade. I've continued working out despite the craziness, but have only just been meeting a regular schedule and have not been pushing myself to reach the next challenge.  On the blog grade...clearly an "F". I haven't been writing! On the nutrition side, however, I'd give myself an "A". I've made some pretty significant changes in my eating habits this past month prompted by changes directed for my husband from his doctor. I think I have finally found a healthier menu that works for me...but that is a subject for another day!

As GPA's go, the tally might not seem too high to anyone else, but as report cards go, I have to say, this one feels great to me. The old me would have garnered "F"s all around last month; the new me recognizes that sometimes a "C" average rates a gold star and perhaps a celebratory massage! I still haven't quit!





2 comments:

  1. yes! get the massage! and keep up your hard work and don't be hard on yourself when life does that plenty for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. unicc

    ReplyDelete