I'm a skinny girl, but not a healthy girl. My resting heart rate is in the 90s, I have borderline high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a kidney disease. This is my quest to get healthy, but I know I can't do it alone, so I am building a village of supporters through my blog.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

March Madness....

April 1st is upon us, and if I am honest, I am surprised to find myself still here! Two months have passed and I haven't managed to sabotage myself yet. March was definitely more challenging for me than February. I had to balance vacations, illnesses and visits from my family. I found myself challenged to meet my weekly goals, but despite "March Madness," I managed to meet my most important goal; fitting in some form of physical activity at least four times a week.

I know the month ahead is going to be even more challenging. I have found my personal stack of concerns growing these past two weeks, and I can see the storm ahead of me, but as I sit here in the momentary calm, I am thankful that I have this outlet to turn to. One thing I have learned these past two months, my physical and spiritual journey go hand in hand. The physical is fed by the spiritual, the spiritual is eased by the physical and this special pairing is creating a journey that is proving to be so much more than I ever imagined it could be. So as I look ahead to my third month, I am asking for continued support from my village.

Based on last month's lessons, I have decided to be a little more realistic in setting my goals for this month. I know now my body needs to set the specific parameters on how far or how much I can do from day to day, but I think it's reasonable to add another day to my routine after meeting my four day goal for two months. So April's goals will be to add another day to my week, and shoot for five out of seven days of activity as well as continuing my work day exercise breaks.  It's not going to be easy sticking to my path this month, but with your help I know I can make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment