I'm a skinny girl, but not a healthy girl. My resting heart rate is in the 90s, I have borderline high blood pressure, high cholesterol and a kidney disease. This is my quest to get healthy, but I know I can't do it alone, so I am building a village of supporters through my blog.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This Might Make You a Little Uncomfortable....

So one of the neat things about the blog site I am using is that it provides you with some statistics about how many hits your blog has had , how many page views each entry has , as well as generalized locations of where your page is being viewed. It doesn't show you who is viewing your page or how many times they are viewing it, but it gives you a generalized look at the daily activity which is surprisingly very inspiring. So after a week of blogging I have had over 300 hundred hits to my site. In comparison to Facebook hits, I'm sure that's pretty measly, but for my first week's efforts it feels pretty good.


Map of Page Views by Country

I have viewers from the United States, Canada and Japan and guessing if I poke my big brother I can get one in the Dominican Republic as well! Interestingly enough my most viewed posting by nearly double is the entry entitled "Apparently It's All About the Panties..." !  I've also garnered the most feedback from this entry. I think it was so popular, because it is an issue that women can identify with and men can get a little titillated by.

I've actually received a lot of great advice on the subject. One piece of advice I have received from multiple supporters has been to try it "Commando Style". So this is the point for all of you men or women who might have been a little titillated  by that story that you may want to stop reading. I have a secret to share, and this might make some of you a little uncomfortable. After two pregnancies, two plus years of continual coughing and the onset of menopause, my bladder doesn't work as well as it used to, and I have been known to leak upon impact. A sudden cough, or sneeze, dancing with too much exuberance and even jogging can create a challenge. So there it is. I am unable to go "Commando" for fear that I may need an extra layer of absorbency! The good news is I'm not at the depends stage, but the bad news is free styling is out of the option in the near term.

Hopefully Kegels, Ab exercises and regular emptying will continue to improve the situation, but until then I'm still on the hunt for the perfect work-out panty solution. My new Under Armour hipsters are working for now, but I'm still not completely satisfied with the fit. They say confession is good for the soul, and I must say, this confession feels somewhat freeing. I'm guessing there are other women out there with my same challenges. Feel free to weigh in!

1 comment:

  1. Gesundheit!
    try title nine for good, non-budging, wicking undies

    ReplyDelete